Do you want the power to communicate and collaborate with colleagues without needing your computer? Microsoft Teams innovates every day to create collaboration and communication experiences that naturally apply to your mobile device. As new capabilities in Microsoft Teams continue to grow, Microsoft is also ensuring that the Teams Mobile app meets your daily communication needs, especially when you’re remote or on the go. Below are some features in the Teams mobile app that let you call and meet others.
Meetings and call experiences
- Join calls and meetings – Start, receive, or participate in 1: 1 calls and scheduled meetings via audio (VoIP), video or phone * with team members or others outside your organization. If you need to add more participants to an ongoing conversation, you can use the Teams mobile app to search for additional members or enter a phone number to join a call or meetings. (* Note: requires telephone system and/or audio conferences)
Share content and management presentations – share your iPhone or iPad screen, images, or live video stream with other attendees. In addition, participants can view presentations, request monitoring, and advance slides. Alternatively, they can view the presentation in private mode and continue. Soon, you’ll be able to share the Android screen and files from cloud storage apps, including OneDrive and SharePoint, directly into the mobile client.
- And resent and configure simultaneous ringing – once in conversation, forwarding individual calls to another team member or a phone number. You can also configure forwarding and simultaneous call settings in the mobile client to make sure you don’t miss important calls
- get all voicemail messages and transcripts. You can also configure your settings, such as changing your voicemail greeting directly in the mobile client. ( Note: Requires a phone system license in Office 365)
Network and battery optimization
There are a few intelligent network and battery optimization features that help you improve your overall call and meeting experiences with the Teams mobile client. You can be confident that when you connect and communicate with others, the Teams mobile app gives you the best experience.
- When you cross a bad Internet network during a meeting, the Teams app gives you the ability to “Call me back” on a number you set up or re-engage via a phone call. In addition, Teams will ask you for the option to switch from video to audio, giving you good audio quality
- Battery Optimization – Teams proactively monitor battery life and offer you options to reduce battery consumption. During a meeting, Teams will ask you to switch from video to audio mode and also allow you to turn off all of others’ incoming video.
Teams proactively monitor battery life and offer you options to reduce battery consumption. During a meeting, Teams will ask you to switch from video to audio mode and also allow you to turn off all of others’ incoming video.
This article originally appeared on Microsoft Tech Community.