August 12, 2023
Clipchamp: A Guide to Video Editing on Windows
If you’ve ever tried to edit videos on your Windows device, you’ll be happy to know that Microsoft has greatly improved its software with the addition of Clipchamp, an intuitive video editor that now comes standard with Windows 11. Microsoft acquired Clipchamp a few years ago and has now fully integrated it into the Windows operating system.
This easy-to-use video editing tool offers both basic and advanced editing functions with an intuitive interface. This makes video editing accessible to everyone. This blog aims to introduce you to Clipchamp and explain its unique features and benefits.
What is Clipchamp?
Clipchamp’s charm lies in its extensive functionality. It goes far beyond the basic video editor previously associated with the Photos app on Windows. Clipchamp streamlines the video editing process without sacrificing professional quality.
In addition to the basic features, Clipchamp also offers screen and webcam recording capabilities and a text-to-speech tool in more than 70 languages. In addition, you get access to an extensive library of stock videos, images, sound effects and music.
Using Clipchamp: A step-by-step guide
After exploring Clipchamp’s offerings and pricing structure, let’s take a deeper look at how to use this dynamic tool. By following these steps, you’ll be on your way to creating professional videos:
Project Start: Start a new project from scratch, a template or from a recording. The platform offers flexibility to meet various user needs.
Media Import: Add media files from your computer, cloud providers or even your phone to your project. Your source of media is not limited to just one location.
Edit: The timeline provides essential editing tools. Cut and split clips, apply filters, adjust colors and speed, and convert text to speech. In addition, you can enrich your video with music, stock videos and images, text, graphics and transitions.
Consistency: For those who choose the Essentials subscription, the Brand Kit feature guarantees brand consistency in your videos.
Export: Once you have perfected your video, you can export it. Keep in mind that the free plan limits you to a maximum 1080p (HD) resolution, while the Essentials subscription allows exports up to 4K (UHD) resolution.
Is Clipchamp free?
Yes, Clipchamp offers a free plan. This plan is specially designed for beginners and includes many benefits. However, should you need more advanced features, there is the Essentials subscription for everyday video editors.
New features in Clipchamp for Windows 11
The Clipchamp app for Windows 11 has gained numerous new features to improve video editing. From new tools for faster editing to additional resources for video creation.
Clipchamp provides an accessible and versatile platform for video editing. The integration into Windows 11 significantly increases the value of the operating system, giving users a tool to create high-quality videos with ease. Whether you choose the free version or the Essentials subscription, Clipchamp is equipped to meet a wide range of user needs. The Clipchamp video editing application for Windows 11 has been enriched with numerous new features to enhance video editing.
- A new multi-item editing tool provides faster editing.
- New resources are available for creating videos celebrating Pride Month, including templates, flag overlays, stickers and royalty-free video assets.
- Updates such as blending modes and improved text-to-speech make video editing easier and faster.
- Essentials subscribers can now upload, edit and save videos in 4K resolution.
- A series of free video stickers in American Sign Language (ASL) has been introduced for accessible videos.
- The platform now offers real-time feedback to improve presentation skills and create engaging videos with a speaker coach.
- Real-time subtitles can be generated with smart speech detection technology.
- Keyboard shortcuts have been added to the editor.
- The floating toolbar and properties panel have been updated for faster and more accessible editing.
- The customizable speed dial has been improved.
- The platform now offers full-screen video reviews.
- Users can now crop specific areas of a video with freehand cropping.
- Users can identify and immediately remove gaps in their editing timeline.
- Editing is simplified by the new grouping functionality.
- Videos can be organized with folders.
- More font options are available.
- The platform now offers a collection of subscriber panels and new templates.
- The new brand kit allows users to save their brand fonts, colors and logos.
- Users can now simultaneously record their screen and camera.
- The text-to-speech feature now offers 170 voices in 70 languages.
- The function for replacing timeline items has been introduced to the editor.
Visit the official website to learn more about Microsoft Windows 11’s video editing application.
Want to know more?
I see, I see what you don’t: resources and governance in Microsoft 365
Microsoft Purview: Your Solution for Data Protection and Compliance
Is the New Microsoft Intune Suite the Right Step for Your Business?
Tech Updates: Microsoft 365, Azure, Cybersecurity & AI – Wekelijks in je Mailbox.