September 21, 2023
Launch of Microsoft 365 Copilot, Chat and Windows Copilot
On Thursday, Sept. 21, at an event in New York, Microsoft unveiled their vision for Microsoft Copilot-a digital companion for all of life-that creates a unified Copilot user experience across Bing, Edge, Microsoft 365 and Windows. As a first step toward this vision, a new visual identity-the Copilot icon-and a consistent user experience will gradually roll out across all Copilots, first in Windows on Sept. 26 and then in Microsoft 365 Copilot when it is made available to enterprise customers on Nov. 1.
Here is a summary of the announcements, as well as product offerings for corporate customers:
Microsoft Copilot in Windows
Microsoft Copilot in Windows will be available Sept . 26. It will strengthen you to create faster and complete tasks with ease, making once complicated tasks simple. Accessing the power of Copilot is seamless because it is always readily available to you on the taskbar or with the Win+C hotkey, offering help alongside all your apps.
Bing Chat Enterprise
It builds on Microsoft Copilot and has commercial data protection, so you can rest assured that your business data is protected and won’t leak outside the organization. Bing Chat Enterprise is available as a standalone for $5 per user per month and is included in Microsoft 365 E3 and Microsoft 365 E5.
Microsoft 365 Copilot
Microsoft 365 Copilot is your AI assistant at work. It builds on Bing Chat Enterprise but belongs to a class by itself. Microsoft 365 Copilot will be generally available to enterprise customers for $30 per user per month starting Nov. 1. The price of $30 per user per month is not yet official. It can change. Customers with an Enterprise Agreement are unlikely to pay $30 per user per month, but there is a minimum of 300 seats.
It offers a commercial SKU line-up that includes features available in Microsoft Copilot, Bing Chat Enterprise and Microsoft 365 Copilot.
Microsoft Copilot commercial SKU line-up
More details on today’s announcements in Microsoft 365 Copilot, Bing Chat Enterprise and Copilot in Windows follow.
Microsoft 365 Copilot – your AI assistant at work
Business customers should contact their Microsoft account representative by phone to purchase Microsoft 365 Copilot starting Nov. 1.
In recent years, the pace and amount of work has only increased. On any given workday, the heaviest users search for what they need 18 times, receive more than 250 Outlook emails and send or read nearly 150 Teams chats. Microsoft 365 Chat will help everyone lighten the weight of work.
Learn to work in a whole new way with Copilot Lab
Microsoft also announced Copilot Lab to help everyone learn how to work with AI and get the most out of Microsoft 365 Copilot.
Unlock productivity and liberate creativity with Microsoft 365 Copilot
At Microsoft, they continue to add new Copilot imaginary realities to the Microsoft 365 applications. All updates will generally be available to business customers in November unless it is called “soon.”
Copilot in Outlook
Copilot in Outlook helps you keep track of your inbox and create effective communication in less time.
You can now:
- Ask Copilot to summarize an email thread to get essential information with notes that let you quickly jump to the source of the summarized content, and suggested action items, responses and follow-up appointments.
- Choose “Sounds like me” to match your unique writing style and voice when using Copilot to draft an email.
- Follow a Teams meeting that you could not attend live, directly from the Outlook on your own time.
- Participants are asked by Teams to record the meeting. When the recording is ready, Copilot notifies you via Outlook.
Copilot in Word
Copilot in Word transforms every aspect of the writing process to make you more creative and efficient. Now you can:
- Copilot ask for a summary of a document to share as a recap or to get up to speed quickly, and Copilot now provide a more detailed summary with all the information you need.
- Ask Copilot to “rewrite” a paragraph, you can then scroll through different options to see what fits best. Then you can adjust the tone of the rewrite to make it neutral, informal or professional.
- Creating a table from your text is made easier by asking Copilot for it, saving you time on formatting.
Copilot in Excel
Copilot in Excel enables anyone to analyze and visualize data like a data analyst. Now you can:
- Collaborate with Copilot in Excel to analyze, format and edit your data for deeper understanding and insight.
- Ask Copilot to perform advanced analysis; create powerful, professional visualizations, generate forecasts and save time searching data with Python in Excel.
Copilot in Loop
Copilot in Loop enables teams to think collaboratively, helps teams co-create, stay up-to-date and pick up where others have left off. Now you can:
- Collaborate with Copilot as a team, review prompts and previous interactions to build on them together.
- Ask Copilot to generate a summary table on the page to organize team projects. You can easily turn the table into a Loop component to share with team members wherever they are working – in Teams, Outlook, Microsoft Whiteboard and Word on the Web.
- Quickly catch up where your teammates left off by asking Copilot for a page summary
Copilot in OneNote
Copilot in OneNote helps you stay organized, prepared and ready for action. Now you can:
- Gain deeper insight into your notes by asking comprehensive questions such as: “What are the pros and cons of this process?”
- Ask Copilot to generate summaries of your OneNote content.
- Type a few sentences and get a Copilot-generated paragraph, bulleted list or organized section.
- Make your writing clearer and more effective with a quick Copilot edit.
Copilot in Stream
Copilot in Stream helps you find the insights and information you need from a video – in the Microsoft Stream web app or where Stream videos work within Microsoft 365 applications – in seconds. Now you can:
- Ask Copilot for a summary of the video with a transcript of the relevant places to watch.
- Ask Copilot to identify when people, teams or topics are discussed and jump directly to that point in the video.
- Ask Copilot for suggested follow-ups or actions from a video you missed.
Copilot in OneDrive
Copilot in OneDrive helps you find all the insights and information you need – without ever opening a file. Now you can:
- Ask Copilot to ask open-ended questions regarding an individual file or to get a summary of its contents.
- Copilot in OneDrive helps you find all the insights and information you need without ever opening a file. Now you can:
- Copilot open-ended questions related to a specific file or get a summary of the content.
Microsoft Bing Chat Enterprise
In July, Microsoft introduced Bing Chat Enterprise. It is designed for companies integrating AI and wanting to protect their data. Bing Chat Enterprise offers commercial data protection. This means that confidential company data is not visible to anyone, searches are never stored, and user input is not used to train basic models.
Today Microsoft announced that this Bing Chat version is now available in the Microsoft Edge mobile app. There is now also support for multimodal visual search options and Image Creator. This allows you to enhance your creativity at work by finding information and creating images while protecting company-sensitive data.
This Bing Chat version is part of Microsoft 365 E3 and E5, Business Standard and Business Premium. This means that access is available to more than 160 million people.
OpenAI’s DALL.E 3 Model in Bing Image Creator
Improvements in DALL.E 3 for Better Image Creation
With DALL.E 3, OpenAI makes a huge leap forward in the quality of generated images. Improved details, such as fingers and eyes, and a deeper understanding of user requests result in more accurate images. In addition, Microsoft Designer is integrated directly into Bing for even easier editing of creations.
Content Credentials for Responsible AI
As part of responsible handling of generative AI, Bing is introducing new Content Credentials. These use cryptographic methods to add an invisible digital watermark to all AI-generated images, including the original creation date and time. Support for Content Credentials is also being introduced in Paint and Microsoft Designer.
Copilot in Windows
In May, Microsoft announced that Copilot was coming to Windows 11. Copilot in Windows allows you to create faster, complete tasks easily and reduces your cognitive load, making once complex tasks, simple. Using Copilot has been made seamless, it is always at your fingertips on the taskbar or via the Win+C keyboard shortcut, offering help alongside all your apps, on all screen sizes at work, school or home.
Copilot in Integration with Microsoft Power Apps
Strengthening business efficiency with Power Apps and Copilot
The powerful collaboration between Microsoft Copilot and Power Apps provides significant strides toward business process improvement. Thanks to Power Apps, users are able to create customized business applications made even more powerful through integration with Copilot. With this dynamic combination, applications can be automated based on business needs and suggestions for improvement can result from the analysis of app usage data.
Copilot and Power Automate – Automating business operations.
Copilot, combined with Power Automate, increases its potential to streamline and automate business operations. With Copilot, Power Automate can intelligently design workflows, initiate processes based on predefined conditions and monitor process performance to identify where any bottlenecks exist.
More efficient data usage with Copilot and Power BI
Microsoft Copilot for Power BI can increase the productivity of data users in several ways. Copilot can automate tasks such as creating visuals, generating DAX calculations and customizing reports, saving users’ time and effort.
Optimizing software development with Copilot and Visual Studio & Github
The integration of Copilot with Visual Studio, a popular development environment, has had a transformative impact on the software development process. With its smart code help, Copilot can help developers write better code and produce it faster.
Increasing productivity with Copilot and Github
Data from Github shows that Copilot promises to unlock productivity for all.
Enrich work processes with Copilot and Microsoft Viva
Copilot in Microsoft Viva helps both leaders and individual contributors create engaging, interesting, relevant and inspiring posts within work community and visual storyline conversations.
To a higher level of security with Copilot
The integration of Copilot and Microsoft Security takes security to a new level, creating a robust and secure environment for encryption.
Governance for Microsoft 365 at ALTA-ICT
As a breakthrough AI innovation, Microsoft Copilot can significantly boost productivity. This smart assistant works alongside users to foster creativity, accelerate productivity and improve skills. Within Microsoft 365, Copilot has two main functions: acting as a co-pilot, requiring steering assistance, and providing an intuitive and consistent user experience that is consistent across apps. Familiarity with Copilot can also be gained through GitHub, where it benefits programming productivity. In short, Microsoft Copilot is a powerful productivity tool that puts users on the path to more efficient work.
For a customized solution to optimize the use of your Microsoft 365 environment, ALTA-ICT may have the answer. Our governance tool collects all your Microsoft 365 service data in one place and automates policy and lifecycle processes, leading to better governance and data visibility. However, the team at ALTA-ICT can support you with this by making sure you are equipped with the right governance setup before getting started with Copilot. Please feel free to contact us for an introduction.
Want to know more?
I see, I see what you don’t: resources and governance in Microsoft 365
Tech Updates: Microsoft 365, Azure, Cybersecurity & AI – Wekelijks in je Mailbox.