Migration Microsoft 365
Simplify your migration to Microsoft 365 or the latest SharePoint version, in the Cloud without worry.
Migration opens the way for your digital transformation. Whether you plan to “lift and shift” or take a more strategic approach, each phase of your project deserves focused attention and expertise.
Simplify your journey to Microsoft 365 or the latest SharePoint version, to save time and add value for your latest investments we are happy to perform the migration for you.
Migrations can be complex and time consuming. We help your organization to a smooth migration, with minimal complications for both IT and the end users on the shop floor.
Migrate from another cloud
- Other Microsoft 365 Tenants
Migration from on prem
- On Premise SharePoint 2003 to 2016
- File systems & Networked shares
- Exchange Public Folders
- Lotus Notes
- OpenText Live Link
- Documentum & eRooms
.. To your destination of choice
- Microsoft 365 teams
- OneDrive and SharePoint
When you have decided to migrate to Microsoft 365, it means that you are ready for a cloud solution from Microsoft that offers you a lot of features and is always up-to-date. Financially, this is also very attractive, because it is often lower than the investment you would otherwise have to make in your own hardware and its management. But how do you ensure that you can migrate your company in the safest and most healthy way possible and that you can immediately use these benefits?
Draw up a migration plan
With a Microsoft 365 migration, you get the chance to get everything right the first time, and the best way to start doing that is by understanding what you have. Indeed, in addition to the desktop versions of Office and email hosting, Microsoft 365 offers much more. By drawing up a migration plan, you can determine which services you will and will not use. For example, if you are going to use Exchange in combination with Teams and SharePoint, this can make the migration plan a lot more complicated.
Prepare the inventory
After you’ve created the plan for the Microsoft 365 migration, it’s time to look at how these components are currently being used. For example, think of the user accounts, configurations, file storage locations and client versions. How do you want these accounts to be synchronized or created and how will the authentication be handled? This makes it possible to weigh up the strategy of the migration, in combination with any wishes and requirements.
Big clean up before the migration
In fact, this is almost as important as taking inventory; cleaning all files now in the system. Think of e-mail addresses that are no longer used, data of former employees that are no longer needed, old domains that are no longer used and files that have become redundant.
It is therefore very important that a good inventory takes place first, because this certainly helps with a good migration to the cloud. Also deleting old user accounts or empty domains can be removed. By doing this in advance, it will save a lot of time later, and it is also cost-effective.
Office 365 migration checklist for inventory
- Inventory the entire current environment
- Collect all active user accounts, login name and email address
- Collect all mailboxes, including size, number and shared mailboxes
- Collect configurations of browsers, operating systems, mobile versions and office applications, along with client versions
- Data on all network settings should be collected
- Information about file storage locations should be collected
- If you want to migrate intranet sites, collect this data too
- If an online meeting and Instant Messaging system is to be used, collect all data from it
- Collect the details of all applications integrated within the existing system
- The decision of the migration strategy
It is also wise to think about the following questions, and possibly collect this as well:
- How will the authentication be handled in the future?
- How will the different accounts be created or synchronized?
- Will there be a long or short integration?
- Is there data that needs to be migrated and how is this done?
- Which devices can be connected to?