August 21, 2023
How Microsoft 365 Copilot Will Change the Way We Work
In the dynamic world of technology, Microsoft seems to be revolutionizing with the Microsoft 365 Copilot. Similar to the integration of Windows on modern desktops, this new tool has the potential to change the way we look at Office 365.
What Makes Microsoft 365 Copilot So Special?
Many of us have heard promises of technological advances that would improve our productivity. But this new addition to the Microsoft 365 package goes beyond promises.
- No Technical Expertise Required: Copilot is not just for IT specialists. Indeed, IT may benefit the least.
- Speed up your Work Process: Copilot offers tools that not only increase the speed of work but also improve quality, which can ultimately increase a company’s profits.
How Does Copilot Work?
Natural language allows the user to access Copilot. It all starts with a simple prompt in the associated Office 365 app, using a technique called “grounding.” With Copilot, you can analyze Excel data, summarize documents, start presentations from scratch and much more.
Preparing for Copilot
While there is a lot of enthusiasm surrounding Microsoft 365 Copilot, organizations must prepare properly to achieve maximum ROI. Copilot’s current price is about $30 per user per month.
Here are five key points to consider:
- Patience is a Clean Thing: Even though Microsoft has already announced the 365 Copilot, general availability is still a few months away.
- Data Quality is Essential: The quality and accuracy of your data largely determine the effectiveness of Copilot.
- Impact at Every Level: From simple tasks in Excel to managing emails in Outlook, Copilot’s impact will be felt by every employee.
- ROI of Copilot: Despite the extra cost, many believe Copilot will pay for itself through increased productivity and efficiency.
- Perfection is Relative: As with any AI-driven tool, it is essential to monitor the output to ensure it meets expectations.
The introduction of Microsoft 365 Copilot is an exciting step forward in the world of productivity and collaboration. Organizations willing to invest in preparation and training will likely benefit most from this new tool. Time will tell how Copilot will transform the modern workplace, but the prospects are promising.
Want to know more?
I see, I see what you don’t: resources and governance in Microsoft 365
Tech Updates: Microsoft 365, Azure, Cybersecurity & AI – Weekly in Your Mailbox.