You can now join Microsoft Teams webinars from your iPhone or iPad.
What you need to know
- Microsoft Teams for iOS recently was given the opportunity to participate in webinars.
- Webinar support is available for both iPads and iPhones.
- The same update also brings in car suggestions and top hits.
Microsoft Teams for iOS recently received a major update. The update provides the ability to join webinars from iPhones and iPads. You can also make sure all meetings are online meetings that are easy to share, and add auto suggestions and top hits to the app’s search bar.
Webinars are large interactive meetings that support up to 1,000 people. If you need more people, you can switch to a read-only broadcast that allows up to 10,000 people to watch the broadcast at once. Due to the current global pandemic, Microsoft has raised the read-only broadcast limit to 20,000.
Webinar support only rolled out to desktops last month, so people with iOS devices didn’t have to wait long to use them.
Here’s everything new, as found in the Teams App Store list:
- Participants participate in webinars from their phone or tablet
- Get car suggestions and top hits as you type your search terms
- All meetings (even appointments) are automatically online meetings, so you can quickly share a link to the meeting
The enhanced search experience adds car suggestions and top hits as you type. This should speed up the search process and help you find frequently searched items and content.